BiotTE Provides a Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy Option
BioTE is a revolution in hormone replacement therapy (HRT) which easily delivers natural, bioidentical hormones that your body will recognize as its own, without pills or patches. The effects of BioTE therapy are far-ranging and can include physical, mental and emotional benefits for both men and women.
HRT is a proven treatment for postmenopausal women, and millions of women are prescribed it every year. Many have reservations, though, about where the replacement estrogen and progesterone come from. Bioidentical hormones, and BioTE specifically, are the answer to this concern, as they are chemically identical to those created by the body.
What is hormone replacement therapy?
HRT has been available since the 1940s, and was in widespread use by the 60s. It is primarily used to relieve the many uncomfortable symptoms of menopause, including:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Sleep disturbances
- Vaginal symptoms, like dryness and burning
- Reduced sex drive
HRT has also been shown to reduce bone loss in aging women, and help prevent fractures as a result.
There are many delivery options for HRT, including oral medications, patches, creams, gels and vaginal rings. Women are increasingly turning to bioidentical hormones, and specifically BioTE, for their HRT needs.
What are bioidentical hormones?
In traditional HRT, some of the replacement estrogen, progesterone and other hormones are synthetic, and this is a source of concern for many patients. Synthetic hormones are not chemically matched to the hormones the body produces, which may affect their ability to properly signal the body’s cells.
Bioidentical hormones, like the ones used in BioTE, have the exact same chemical structure as the hormones the body creates, so they are readily utilized once introduced to the patient. Bioidentical hormones are created at special compounding facilities that can develop customized HRT formulations for patients. Given the individual nature of menopause, designing HRT to the patient may produce better results.
Bioidentical hormones can be delivered to the patient in the same ways that traditional HRT can be delivered – pills, creams, patches and so on. There is another option, however, that provides a long term HRT solution that is easy to use and designed with the patient in mind.
What is BioTE?
BioTE is a new way if delivering HRT to patients, in a way that’s convenient and reliable. The BioTE approach involves implanting tiny pellets subcutaneously, or just under the skin. These pellets contain the bioidentical hormone, and over time, the pellets slowly release the hormone into the patient’s bloodstream. The entire process is automatic and occurs in a steady fashion, so it’s easy to control the amount of hormone entering the patient’s system.
Since the hormone is slowly released from the BioTE pellets, it’s easier to avoid the roller coaster-like experience of HRT in pill or cream form. In short, BioTE ensures the patient’s hormonal levels are kept within a set of acceptable boundaries, helping patients avoid the kind of complications that can result from poorly managed hormone levels.
What are the benefits of BioTE?
- Convenience – Most forms of HRT require consistency. A missed dose could result in unwanted complications or less effective treatment. The goal, then, is to avoid missing a dose, but many people find it difficult to remember to take HRT every day. BioTE removes this common problem because the pellets automatically release hormones without the patient having to do anything. The right dose is always delivered, and it’s always delivered at the right time. There’s no need to remember pills, creams, gels or anything else.
- Safety – More than one million BioTE pellets have been placed in patients, so it has a long track record of safety and effectiveness. The most common complications linked to BioTE treatment are injection site complications, and these are almost always minor and gone within a couple days. It only takes a few minutes to inject the pellets into the patient, and there’s no need to remove the pellets, even years after placement. The pellets are made up of bioidentical hormones and dissolve with time. Once the pellet is exhausted, it is dissolved and taken up by the body.
- Customizable – A hallmark of BioTE is its precise ability to deliver hormones to the patient. Because this process is so precise, it’s easy for physicians to develop HRT for a particular patient in mind. Prior to beginning BioTE, the patient will undergo a blood panel, and this will indicate which forms of HRT would work best. BioTE’s precise nature makes this process more reliable and ensures the patient gets the HRT they need.
- Fast acting – HRT may take several months to make a measurable impact, and in some cases, this is true of BioTE as well. Many patients, though, start feeling relief from their symptoms within 10 days of pellet insertion. Given the many symptoms of hormonal imbalance, any relief within a couple weeks can restore significant quality of life to the patient.
HRT has been around for decades, and remains the best treatment option for most people with hormonal imbalance. BioTE represents a major advancement in HRT, as it combines the efficacy of HRT with a delivery form that is convenient, safe and reliable.